Tuesday, February 6, 2007

DailyLit: Read Books By Email

Too busy for books? Read them by email.

If you are like us, you spend hours each day reading email but don't find the time to read books. DailyLit brings books right into your inbox in convenient small messages that take less than 5 minutes to read. This works incredibly well not just on your computer but also on a Treo, Blackberry, Sidekick or whatever the PDA of your choice.
In the words of Dr. Seuss: Try it, you might like it! (Oops -- it would appear that the actual quote from Green Eggs and Ham is "You do not like them. So you say. Try them! Try them! And you may.")
--from DailyLit.com

Neat concept, and it's completely free. (Extra nice feature: no registration is required.) I just signed up for The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin. So I suppose I'll soon see if this idea works as well in practice as it does in theory. I tend not to read electronic versions of books, but this direct-to-your-inbox approach might be just the thing to suck me into electronic texts.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Wow! Thanks for this -- it's the coolest. Such a great idea! I'm signing up.

k said...

Glad you liked it! I'm curious about how many people actually use this service. Hopefully, a lot!